15 January 2009

Over the hump

Third day of 30 Day Shred:  NOT TOTAL AGONY.  

I'm taking that as a small victory.  Honestly, I worked hard, but there wasn't that feeling that I was going to collapse into a panting heap of jiggling cellulite.

In other excersizzle news...last night I did my first Couch to 5k workout on the treadmill while watching Season 4 of LOST on DVD.  I'm still definitely in the huffa-chuffa chub waddle category, not truly running, but it felt good to get sweaty.  It was weird -- all day yesterday I felt like such a slacker for not doing a "big" workout.  I almost didn't get on the treadmill; Charlie took the baby out to run errands when he got home, and the thought of an undisturbed hour-long soak in the tub was pretty appealing.  I made myself get into workout clothes and get moving, and MAN was it worth it.  I felt a million times better afterwards.

The Wii Fit says I'm down about 5 pounds.  Water weight!  Gotta love it.  Official weigh-in day will be Tuesday.  We'll see what the results are then.  I have two things that might throw me this week:  dinner at Rajput with Charlie tonight (belated birthday celebration) and my birthday party this Saturday night.  I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge tonight and be good on Saturday, or be good tonight and splurge on Saturday.  Hrm.  It's not easy to stay under 1500 calories a day when there's Indian food and a bucket of margaritas available in the same week. And cake!  Ohhhhh, cake.  I just don't want to throw away all my hard work.

Since yesterday was "rest" day, tomorrow needs to be "HELL DAY."  I have to have a heiny-pounding day before the weekend.  My goal is to do 30DS, AM & PM Yoga (these aren't really even workouts, they're more stretching & relaxation), balance ball ab workout, and my second Couch to 5k workout on the treadmill.  It sounds like a lot, but it's not.  I'm not sure yet if I will do a total rest day on Saturday or Sunday.  I probably should, but I don't think I can go a day without exercising.

(Wow.  Did I really just type that?  And I actually meant it!  Dang!)

2 comments:

  1. I did the Couch to 5k with a friend and we loved it. Then we ran in the Susan B. Komen 5k. I'm excited for you! You're doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the updates?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete