27 October 2009

Pugtastic Tuesday - HALLOWEEN EDITION!

Generally, I'm not a fan of putting clothes on animals. Dogs are not people, they're not children, no matter how much you love and care for them. I make an exception for Halloween, mostly because the pugs just look too funny with costumes on.

When we had just Pugly, I didn't bother. But after Alabama joined our gang, I knew I had to do something with the two of them. On their first Halloween together, back in 2006, I dressed them up as Team Deviled Eggs (a chicken and the devil):
Doesn't Pugly look THRILLED? He later tried to attack the giant inflatable pumpkin seen behind them in this shot.

In 2007, we went with an insect theme, Beetle and the Bee:

This time Alabama looks mad; Pugly enjoyed his bee costume and the attention he got while wearing it at our Halloween party.

I'm really getting a kick out of these pictures today, mostly because I know our days of doggie costumes are done. 2008 was Austin's first Halloween, so he got all the attention. And this year, with Pugly still not at 100%, it seems a little mean to force him into a costume. I may throw something together at the last minute, just for a picture or two, but I don't think it'll be anything elaborate.

Anyhoo, the pugs have asked me to tell all of you HAPPY PUG-O-WEEN, and they're accepting candy donations if you have any to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment