14 January 2010

Birfday Wrapup

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday. Wow.

It started out like any other day -- a four-hour opening shift with Felicia, then back to the house. Charlie took the day off so we could spend some time together, and so I could go to my surgical consult. Charlie and Austin drove me to my appointment, and we stopped at Michael's beforehand. I picked out some awesome bits and bobs to make a present for my friend Lauren (since the painting I was working on for her baby's room turned into a sucktastic mess).

And what did Doc have to say? My gall bladder has to come out. Wah wahhhh. My surgery is scheduled for Valentine's weekend. Because, you know, nothing says LOVE like a weekend at the hospital. He's also going to take a peek at my "mystery bulge" and fix whatever it is, if necessary.

Oh! I also met with a plastic surgeon on Tuesday, and he's going to take out my face bump (actually a sebaceous cyst) on Monday. Woo hoo!

Anyhow, after my appointment, we met up with one of my favorite peeps, the famous LINH! We ate lunch at Pho 79 and then hit up Four Seasons Oriental Grocery. If you've never been to an Oriental grocery, I highly recommend it. Not only do they have good produce (like delicious bok choi) but there's random meat products (CHICKEN FEET!), canned goods (PICKLED MANGO!), and Japanese candy (TINY CHOCOLATE MUSHROOM COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE...well, you know!). And they have all the gear you need for Chinese New Year, which falls on Valentine's Day this year according to Linh.

Linh also convinced me to try aloe vera juice. The taste was okay, but the chunks...I was not prepared for a "chewable" beverage. Don't think I'll be drinking that again any time soon.

As if that weren't enough, I also got a can of my favorite thing ever: HELLO BOSS ICED COFFEE!

Now, I don't know why in the hell this stuff is called "Hello Boss," but it is HELLO DELICIOUS. It tastes like the iced coffee you get at a Thai or Vietnamese restaurant.

When we got back to the house, I was in dire need of a nap. So, I headed upstairs and promptly zonked out. A couple of hours later, I came downstairs and found Charlie and Austin on the couch, both fast asleep. (Apparently pho makes you sleepy, because Linh told me later that she took a post-lunch nap too!)

Charlie's mom came over to watch Austin for the evening, and Charlie took me to my favorite restaurant for dinner -- No Frill Grill! We had a great meal, and managed to make it home in time to get Austin to bed ourselves.

All in all, this was the BEST birthday I've ever had. I'm so glad that I got to spend time with all the people I love. I'm really loving my life right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment