30 September 2009

Mystery Bulge Update

I finally met with my surgeon today. After waiting in his office for an hour (that's right, and hour -- he was running late at the hospital next door), I found out that he doesn't think I have another hernia.

Wait, what?

That's right. It's NOT another hernia. Based on the results of my CT, he thinks it's just a fluid-filled sac where my last hernia was. Nothing to worry about, no need for more surgery. This is great news, except...why have I been in pain for the last three weeks?

He doesn't have an answer for that question. It could be any number of things -- scar tissue, muscles stretching, tacks (sutures) that attach the mesh to my inner bits dissolving at last. I'm not happy about this part of it. I need to know WHY. So, I'm going to work on a few things on my own and see what I can figure out.

In the meantime, I have two choices: I can just move on from here, go back to work, start working out again. Or, the Doc can stick a laparoscope in my gut and "look around" to see if anything not-so-good is going on. I'm going with option A. I don't want to miss any more work, I have to get back to my running, and well, quite frankly, I am so sick and tired of this crap that I just want to put it all behind me.

So that's the haps, kids. I wasted three weeks to end up right back where I started. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment