08 April 2009

When I checked Twitter this morning, I saw a Tweet from Mona (one of my favorite bloggers) about a family that had just lost their little girl. I don't know the Spohrs, and I'd never seen their blog until today. But I am so, so sad for this family. Maddie, the little girl, was only seventeen months old. She was born prematurely and overcame tremendous obstacles in her short life.

I can't even imagine what I would do if we lost Austin. My throat closes up just reading those words typed out. I can't even imagine the pain. In the words of Rabbi Yisrael Rutman, "Only God, who knows the secrets of the heart, is truly capable of fathoming such grief, and providing comfort."

If you're one who prays, please pray for this family and this tiny soul that left too soon. You can also help by donating to the March of Dimes in Maddie's honor here. Everything I've read tells me that she was a beautiful, happy little girl with the most loving parents a child could wish for.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh...I will of course pray for the family. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is appropriate, but one of the members of The Shape of a Mother posted this: http://theshapeofamother.com/blog/when-a-child-dies/

    It might be worth looking into, if it will help the family...

    ReplyDelete